Potato Vodka Soup1422
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 leeks, tough greens removed, washed and thinly sliced
- 5 chives, finely minced.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- ½ white onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup Teton Glacier Potato Vodka
- 3 Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4½ cups chicken stock
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper (more to taste)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Heat the oil in 4-quart stock pot over medium high heat. Add leeks, chives, garlic, celery and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions is wilted.
- Reduce heat to low. Add vodka and simmer 3 minutes. Add potatoes, chicken stock, salt and white pepper. Simmer 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and easily crushed against the side of the pot. Remove from heat.
- Add cream and stir until well blended.