Ripped Idaho® Potatoes2121
Download Hi-Res Image »
Serve with lamb or steak entree
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup curly parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Grana Padano Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and position a rack in top third of the oven. Wash potatoes with a stiff brush and cold running water. Dry the potatoes. Coat the potatoes using one tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap potato in tin foil and place in the oven. Allow potato to bake for approximately 50 minutes, until potato is completely cooked through (timing depends on size of the potato). Remove foil and cool potatoes overnight (great use for a leftover baked potato!)
- When you are ready to prepare the potatoes, heat canola oil in a sauce pot to 375 degrees.
- Leaving the skin on the potato, rip the potatoes into medium to small bits. Deep fry potato shred in canola oil for 2 minutes. Remove from oil and refrigerate until serving. When ready to serve, re-fry the potatoes in the oil for 1 minute until crisp. Remove from fryer and place in a large bowl. Toss the potatoes with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley, reserving one teaspoon for garnish, and half of the grated cheese, tossing lightly. Place potatoes in a serving dish and sprinkle the top with remaining parsley and cheese.