Roasted Artichoke and Virginia Ham Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes1140
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 4 servings (1 stuffed potato half per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 45 mg|
|Sodium 790 mg|
|Protein 18 g|
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 6-ounce Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and pierced
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese, torn in small pieces
- 2 ounces Virginia ham, thinly sliced and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, optional
- ½ cup julienne cut leeks, optional
- Preheat the oven temperature to 275° F. Place the artichokes in a thin layer on nonstick baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes or until dry.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in microwave and cook on high setting 7 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp leaving about ⅓” on the sides of the potato and ½” on the bottom. Place in medium bowl.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425° F.
- Add the artichokes and remaining ingredients, except the leeks and oil, to the potatoes and stir until well blended. Place back in potato shells, arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook the leeks 4 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Remove from heat, place leeks on paper towels to drain. Place leeks on top of potato for garnish and serve.
- Note: If an oven-baked potato is preferred, preheat oven to 400° F. Rub the potato with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Salt and pepper the outside and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.