Roasted Idaho®-grown Yukon Gold Potatoes with Tapenade and Goat Cheese
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 24 servings (3 potato slices per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 5 mg|
|Sodium 190 mg|
|Protein 2 g|
- 9 Idaho®-grown Yukon Gold potatoes, about 5 ounces each (3 pounds total), scrubbed and halved crosswise
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon 2 % milk
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 10 medium basil leaves (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 24 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil leaves
- Coat a 3½-quart slow cooker with cooking spray, add the potatoes and ¼ cup of the oil, toss to coat completely, cover and cook on high setting 4 hours until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove potatoes, discarding the oil, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place the goat cheese in a place in microwave safe bowl in microwave on high setting 15-20 seconds or until softened. Stir in the milk, cover and refrigerate until time of serving. Combine the remaining topping ingredients in a blender and pulse to a coarse texture.
- Cut the “ends” off of each potato half, place cut side down and cut each potato half into 4 slices, about ¼ inch thick. Reserve the “ends” (about 1½ cups) for another use, such as Rustic Roasted Idaho®-grown Yukon Gold Potato and Artichoke Salad.
- Spoon about ½ teaspoon of the goat cheese on top of each round and spoon about ½ teaspoon of the pepper mixture on top of goat cheese. Top each with ¼ teaspoon finely chopped roasted peppers, ¼ teaspoon finely chopped olives, and ⅛ teaspoon finely chopped basil.
- Cook’s Tip: The potatoes can be served as simple roasted potatoes for other occasions as well.