Roasted Idaho® Potato Breakfast Pizza, Lemon Roast Garlic Ricotta Linquica and Scrambled Eggs
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 3 baking Idaho® potatoes
- ½ pound pizza dough (or a 10″ pizza shell)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup cooked ground linguica
- ½ cup lemon-roast garlic ricotta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
Lemon Roast Garlic Ricotta:[/b ]
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- ½ cup ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scrub the potatoes. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove the potatoes but do not turn the oven off. Let the potatoes rest cool enough to handle. Peel the skin off. Cut the potatoes into ⅛” slices.
- Brush the potato slices with oil. Place them on a sheet pan. Return the potatoes to the oven until browned, approximately 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor mix the lemon zest, roasted garlic and ricotta for 1 minute.
- If not using a wood oven, preheat the oven and a pizza stone to 500°F.
- Roll the dough into a 10″ shell or use a premade 10″ shell. Sprinkle the chopped garlic and rosemary on the pizza dough. Cover the dough completely with the browned potatoes. Sprinkle the linguica evenly over the pie. Place six one tablespoon size dollops of the lemon roast garlic ricotta on different parts of the pie.
- Bake the pizza for about 5 minutes or until the crust is brown. While the pizza is baking, scramble the eggs in the butter. Once the pizza is done, cut into six pieces. Spread the scrambled eggs on top and serve immediately.