Roasted Idaho® Potato Medallion with Spinach, Brie and Spicy Pork Sausage
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 4 large Idaho potatoes (40 count)
- 16 oz. spicy ground pork sausage
- ½ lb. fresh spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 12 oz. Brie cheese
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry potatoes well. Slice a ½-inch-thick piece off each potato lengthwise. Using a melon baIler or small scoop, scoop out each potato evenly, leaving a ½-inch thick shell Set aside shells. Cook scooped potato in lightly sailed boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, Drain and reserve.
- In a medium sauté pan, brown the pork; drain the fat. Add the spinach and garlic to the pan; sauté lightly over low heal. 2 minutes. In a food processor, combine the potatoes with the pork mixture. Brie, breadcrumbs and sage. Pulse until mixture is coarsely combined.
- Fill each potato shell with the processed mixture; replace top slice. Brush potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and wrap each potato tightly in aluminum foil, twisting the ends. Bake in a shallow pan at 375ºF for 30 minutes or until potatoes yield to pressure. Remove from the oven and let the foil-wrapped potatoes rest 5 minutes. Unwrap potatoes. Using a serrated, knife, trim a thin piece off both ends of each potato. Slice potatoes into 2½-inch thick “medallion.” Use a spatula to transfer slices to a serving plate, and artfully arrange them cut-side down.