Savory Stuffed Idaho® Spuds
Download Hi-Res Image »
Photo courtesy of Elinor Ives
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 49 mg|
|Sodium 164 mg|
|Protein 26 g|
Stuffed with fresh vegetables and lean turkey or ham, this delicious dish is a healthy, well-balanced meal packed into an Idaho® potato.
- 4 large Idaho® Potatoes, baked
- 1½ cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup fully-cooked lean turkey or lean ham (optional) diced
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a 1-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine broccoli, mushrooms, green onion, red pepper and 2 teaspoons water. Micro-cook, covered, on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Add the turkey or ham (if desired). Cook, covered, on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir together yogurt, milk, cornstarch, mustard and nutmeg. Add to broccoli mixture. Cook covered on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon over hot potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.