Sikkimese Turmeric and Ginger Idaho® Potatoes2314
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 4 Idaho® Russet potatoes (about 11/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash the Idaho® potatoes well and cut them into cut into ½-inch cubes. Boil them until tender in salted water over high heat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat until the oil is smoking. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic, ginger, cumin, and turmeric and fry, stirring continuously, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Gently add the potatoes with ground coriander and chile flakes and stir until the potatoes are well coated with the mixture. Season it with salt and stir in the cilantro.
- Served the potatoes with fresh warm chapati bread.