Smoked Idaho® Potatoes1131
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup low fat sour cream salt to taste pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (finely chopped) (we recommend rosemary or thyme)
- 8 Idaho Russet potatoes
- Place potatoes in smoker. Use mesquite chips that have been soaked in water for ½ hour, then drained and placed in smoker at 250° F. Potatoes can simply be put on rack, for approximately 1 hour (after chips begin to smoke). Potato should have feel and consistency of baked potato when done.
- Top potato (slice potato open lengthwise) with sliced portabella mushrooms and sliced red onions, which are marinated just to cover in equal parts of madiera wine and balsamic vinegar. Mushrooms and onions are also smoked and can be put in smoker at same time as potatoes for 30 minutes to 1 hour (until mushrooms and onions are cooked).
- Slice potato lengthwise. Spoon the mushrooms and onions generously over the potato with a little of the madeira balsamic jus. Top with herbed cream cheese and sour cream (a dallop).
- Serve this with a house salad and it makes for a different and interesting plate