Southwestern Idaho® Potato Salad2291
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 4 cups cubed Idaho® yellow potatoes, about ½ inch cubes, skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ounces olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the cubes potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the potatoes on the baking sheet to make sure the olive oil is evenly distributed.
- Season the potatoes with cumin, paprika and salt and toss to combine. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 45 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked and slightly golden brown on the outside.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and set aside.
- Finely slice the scallions into thin rounds and place them in the bowl with the potatoes along with the thawed corn.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, walnuts, garlic and olive oil and blend until a pesto like consistency is formed. Spoon the cilantro sauce over the potatoes and toss everything together to combine. Season liberally with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve while the potatoes are still warm or at room temperature.