Stuffed Idaho® Potato Hashbrowns1748
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 8 large Idaho® russet potatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3 green onions
- ½ of small onion thinly diced
- Boil 4 to 6 medium to large chopped Idaho® russet potatoes until soft.
- Mash potatoes until smooth, adding heavy cream until creamy enough to spread, but not runny.
- Mix in 2 to 3 diced garlic cloves to taste. Add salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Grate 3 large Idaho® russet potatoes and fry in medium frying pan two thin hash brown crisps until crispy enough to hold form.
- Invert on a plate and place back in pan to fry second side of the hash brown crisp. Gently pat dry off grease, and set on serving dish.
- Between the bottom and top crisp spread garlic mashed Idaho® Russet Potatoes. On top of hot mashed potatoes sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese.
- On top of cheese lay out in a circular pattern one layer of fresh spinach leaves. On top of spinach leaves, sprinkle a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and red onion.Cover with the second “hash brown” crisp.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Garnish the top crisp with two or three spinach leaves, mozzarella cheese, and very thin chopped green onion.
- To serve, slice rounded stuffed hash browns into triangular pieces (like pie).