Super Chicken Sandwiches with Potato Skinny Fries
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1⅓ lbs (4 medium) Idaho Potatoes, cut into ⅓-inch lengthwise wedges
- Garlic salt or seasoned salt, to taste
- 4 (4 ounces each) boned and skinned chicken breasts halves
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
Sandwich Spread and Skinny Fry Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 4 slices each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. To make fries, spray a 10½ x 15½-inch jelly roll pan with vegetable cooking spray. Put potato wedges on pan, cut sides down; spray with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Bake 18 minutes.
- Turn potatoes onto their other cut sides; coat with more cooking spray and sprinkle with additional garlic salt. Bake 12 more minutes until potatoes are crisp and golden brown. Meanwhile, to make sandwiches, spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat; cook chicken about 10 minutes until juices run clear, turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet; slice each breast into ½-inch slices.
- For each sandwich, spread 2 pieces toast on 1 side with 1 tablespoon sandwich spread each. Top 1 piece toast with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and 1 sliced chicken breast, season with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining toast slice, spread side down. Serve each sandwich with fries and dipping sauce, dividing equally.