Sweet Idaho® Potato and Ricotta Latkes
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 8 pancakes|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 28 mg|
|Sodium 145 mg|
|Protein 3 g|
Choose Idaho® when you want to prepare perfect potato latkes; their high solids content yields a light, fluffy potato pancake— every time.
- 12 ounces Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grate potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Stir in ricotta, flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and raisins; mix until well combined.
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, spoon potato mixture into skillet, using about 2 tablespoons per pancake. (Skillet should hold about 4 pancakes at a time.) Flatten mixture slightly with a spatula. Cook pancakes 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Place cooked pancakes in the oven and bake 10 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Garnish pancakes with a sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar and serve with applesauce, if desired.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: .50 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.