Tortilla Española with Shallots and Truffle Oil2065
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 4 medium Idaho® Russet Burbank potatoes
- 2½ cups olive oil
- 4 shallots
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Peel potatoes, slice lengthwise, cut into ⅛-inch slices crosswise, and generously salt.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add all of the potato slices to pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook potatoes until tender, around 8 minutes. Remove potatoes from pan using slotted spoon onto a plate. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of oil from frying pan.
- Peel shallots and slice crosswise into thin layers. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in separate medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat and sauté shallots until slightly brown and crispy, around 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl, add truffle oil plus ½ teaspoon of salt and stir to combine. Add cooked potatoes and shallots to bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Reheat oil in large frying pan over medium heat and add potato and egg mixture to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until the bottom of the tortilla is nicely browned (check with flexible spatula) and remove from heat.
- Take a plate sized larger than the frying pan, place on top of the pan and while over the sink, flip the frying pan over so that the tortilla is inverted onto the plate. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil back to the frying pan and reheat for 30 seconds over medium heat. Gently slide the tortilla back into the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Once done, turn off heat and leave in pan for another 2 minutes.
- Slide onto serving plate, cut and enjoy!!!
- *Meal Pairing Suggestion: Arugula Salad with Simple Dijon Vinaigrette