Fried Idaho® Potato Peels
- Idaho® Potato Peel Skins
- 10 large Idaho® baking potatoes or 7.5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black cracked pepper
- Oil for frying
- Optional Dipping Sauces
- Scallion Dipping Sauce: From a recipe by Chef and Food Network star, Paula Dean
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Pinch sugar
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grilled Tomato Aioli: Recipe from Chef and Food Network star Bobby Flay
- 2 plum tomatoes, grilled, seeds and skin removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups homemade or good quality mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Idaho® Potato Peel Skins
- Scrub and wash potatoes. Peel potatoes (keep potatoes for other recipe uses). When peeling, cut potatoes in long strips.
- Fry potato skins in a sauté pan until crispy about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the skins or place in a basket and fry at 365 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Take the potatoes from fryer while hot and season with kosher salt and black cracked pepper.
- Serve in a cone and sprinkle with different toppings bleu cheese, parmesan cheese etc. Can be served with optional dipping sauces (see below).
- Note: You can also use the potato peels to top steaks or other proteins.
Scallion Dipping Sauce
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, green onions, jalapeno, Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons of green onions, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until thoroughly smooth, stopping to wipe down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside until needed or cover tightly before refrigerating.
Grilled Tomato Aioli
- Place the ingredients in a blender (tomatoes, mayo, garlic, lime juice) and blend until smooth. Season with cayenne pepper and salt.