Boatyard Chicken Pot Pie
- 5 pounds chicken breast, chopped, approximately ¾ in chunks
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 6 quarts button mushroom, quartered
- 1½ pounds pearl onion
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups sweet peas
- 1½ gallons chicken stock
- ⅛ cup sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- roux to thicken
Mashed Potatoes: (Makes approximately 4 quarts)
- 6½ pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled, medium dice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ pounds butter
- ⅔ cups sour cream
- 4 quarts Idaho® potatoes, mashed
- 4 quarts panko crumbs
- 3 cups Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1½ cups egg yolks
- Sautee chicken with celery and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until hot.
- Add chicken stock and season to taste.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until fork tender.
- In a separate small pot, heat heavy cream with butter until scalding.
- Drain potatoes and place in stand mixer.
- Add heated heavy cream mix to potatoes in mixer.
- Whip on low setting until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip on high setting for 3 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and fold until mixed like a dough.
- Roll out crusts to approximately ¼ inch and big enough to cover your pot pie vessel.
- Fill vessel and cover with crust.
- Bake at 425° degrees F until golden bubbly and enjoy!