Ingredients Turkey Drumsticks:
- 2 Turkey drumsticks
- Your favorite BBQ spice rub
FOR THE BRINE:
- Enough water to cover the drumsticks
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 citrus fruit, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh herbs (any herbs will do but rosemary, thyme oregano and bay leaf work great)
Ingredients For Cheesy Idaho® Potato Stacks:
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs (I used thyme. Parsley, basil, oregano or rosemary would also work)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions Turkey Drumsticks:
- To prepare the brine, bring water, salt and brown sugar to a boil in a large pot. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat. Add peppercorns, onion, citrus and herbs.
- Allow mixture to cool completely then add turkey drumsticks. Make sure drumsticks are fully submerged. Place pot in the fridge and brine for at least 4 hours or up to 12.
- When ready to cook, remove turkey drumsticks from brine. Pat dry and coat with BBQ seasoning.
- Heat smoker to 250° Once turkey drumsticks have come up to room temperature, place them in the smoker and cook for 2-4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Directions For Cheesy Idaho® Potato Stacks::
- Preheat oven to 375° Spray 8 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, melted butter, Parmesan, garlic salt, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly to ensure all potato slices are coated.
- Begin stacking potato slices until they are tall enough to fill a muffin cup. Place each stack in a muffin cup until all potato slices are used.
- Bake until golden brown. 55-60 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and enjoy.