Idaho® Russet Potato Chips n’ Ham
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 50 Idaho® russet potatoes, scrubbed, sliced ⅛”
- Popcorn salt, for seasoning
- 10 pounds Benton’s smoked ham, very thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- Chive, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat fryer to 350°F.
- Add distilled vinegar to a 5-gallon stockpot, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sliced potatoes in batches and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place parboiled potatoes on a wire rack lined with paper towels and dry evenly.
- Once dried, fry par-boiled chips in batches for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and the oil stops bubbling.
- Season lightly with popcorn salt while they are still hot.
- Layer with the thinly sliced ham, Parmesan cheese and chive. Serve immediately.