Singapore Chili Garlic Crab
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh garlic, chopped
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup crab meat
- 6 ounces (by weight) Idaho® Potato French Fries or Idahoan® Tater Tumblers
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot over Medium heat add oil, shallots and garlic. Sweat until lightly caramelized- about 7 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, tomato sauce, ginger, green onion and salt. Cook until thickened- about 3 minutes.
- Add crab, removed from heat and stir to combine.
- When ready to serve, top cooked French fries with chili crab mixture and fresh cilantro.