Herbed Idaho Potato Gaufrettes
- Peel and cook 7 potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Mash potatoes with butter, herbs, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Keep warm and set aside.
- Using a mandolin, slice remaining 3 peeled potatoes to produce approximately 100 potato chips. (Do not wash starch from potatoes)
- In a sauté pan or deep fat fryer, cook potato chips until crisp and golden brown.
- To assemble. Place warm mashed potato mixture in a pastry bag and pipe small rosettes on serving plate. Place 1 chip on top of each rosette. Pipe another rosette on top of the chip. Repeat, alternating chips with rosettes, finishing each with a rosette.
Skillet -Seared Fillet of British Columbia Farmed Salmon
- Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- For each serving, sauté in 4 teaspoons butter and cook until just firm to the touch, 5-6 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with 1 cup stock. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. When almost reduced, add 5 ounces tomatoes. 1 teaspoon green onions 1/2 ounce shallots and 1/2 ounce chives.
- To serve: Spoon 1/2 of reduced stock mixture on to serving plate. Place salmon on top and finish with remaining mixture.